Thursday, February 21, 2013

Diablo 3 for consoles -- are you *really* surprised?

You fucking shouldn't be.

My twitter is currently being set ablaze by butt devastated Diablo fans who somehow didn't see this coming.

Four player co-op? No skill points? Only four or five skills at once? Do you really think this game wasn't designed to be played on a console? I mean, even the matchup system is incredibly consolized. And yes, I'm going to pretend that's a word.

To be honest, I am not surprised that Activision/Blizzard designed the game to be seamlessly ported to consoles at a later date -- but I am a little surprised that they bothered porting it at all, given how terrible the game is and how few people are playing it. I figured the console release (and possible expansions) may never see the light of day, considering how bad the game is.

I hope none of you are still under any deslusions that Blizzard isn't a dead, mutilated corpse in Activision's corporate trophy room right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment